LUGRo-Mesh Forum (espaņol/english)
March 28, 2024, 08:09:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

View clients associated with node

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: View clients associated with node  (Read 914 times)
casadelkarma

« on: April 02, 2009, 07:47:57 am »

Is there a simple way to see the mac addresses of clients associated with a specific node using the shell/command line?

I am not using wifidog and just need an easy way of telling how many clients each node is serving.

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JulioCP
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:11:39 am »

Is there a simple way to see the mac addresses of clients associated with a specific node using the shell/command line?

I am not using wifidog and just need an easy way of telling how many clients each node is serving.

Thanks.

I think you can use 'wlanconfig athX list sta' or 'cat /proc/net/madwifi/athX/associated_sta' (looks like it's easier to parse the info); where you must replace X with 0 for the Public AP and with 1 for the Private AP.

And there also is /tmp/dhcp.leases, with MAC + IP (no for clients connected thru LAN in GW Node, they use the internal DHCP server of the LAN).

Saludos, Julio
Report Spam   Logged
casadelkarma

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:44:35 am »

thanks. I have been reading /var/dhcp.leases which i guess is the same as the /tmp/dhcp.leases file.

I would like to develop a way to sent the info out to a webserver every x minutes so I can see all the clients from one place.

I know this is what wifidog can do but it just was not robust enough for our use today Sad
Report Spam   Logged
casadelkarma

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:49:28 am »

"wlanconfig athX list sta" gives me all the info i need.

I guess i just need to write a small script to send the output to a central server every x minutes. Thats easy enough.

By the way, I am writing this connected via a 5 node nightwing mesh with over 180 clients currently connected! Yay!
Report Spam   Logged
JulioCP
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 11:07:43 am »

"wlanconfig athX list sta" gives me all the info i need.

I guess i just need to write a small script to send the output to a central server every x minutes. Thats easy enough.

Yes, that should do it. ash script + cron = automatization  Smiley

By the way, I am writing this connected via a 5 node nightwing mesh with over 180 clients currently connected! Yay!

Excellent  Grin

If you can, send us info about the hardware that you are using, the size of the area that the mesh covers, etc. You can send that info to lugro-mesh-dev_at_lugro.org.ar or post it in the forum.

Saludos, Julio
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum